Thursday, February 14, 2013

Christmas Power Outage 2012

On Christmas Day 2012, an ice and snow storm started. We were able to have dinner, but before cleaning the kitchen, the power went out! That ended the celebration for the night. That night was OK, the next morning, we headed to Andrea and Steves for breakfast and sledding. We went home for the night, went to work the next morning. Then another night of no power, until Saturday morning, when my suffering sparked my creativity!

On the first day of the power outage,

my true love gave to me, warmth with a big bear hug

On the second day of the power outage,

my true love gave to me, a kerosene heater

 and warmth with a big bear hug
On the third day of the power outage, my true love gave to me,

lights with a generator, a kerosene heater,

and warmth with a big bear hug.
On the fourth day of the power outage, my true love gave to me,

an electric blanket, lights with a generator, a kerosene heater,

and warmth with a big bear hug.
On the fifth day of the power outage, my true love gave to me,

breakfast at East End Cafe, an electric blanket, lights with a generator, a kerosene heater,

and warmth with a big bear hug.
On the sixth day of the power outage my true love better give me a hotel room....!

To follow up, the power came back on Saturday morning! I have never enjoyed cleaning house and doing laundry more!

No comments: