Saturday, June 01, 2013

Weight Loss Update!

June 1, 2013! I have lost 51.7 lbs! My blog announces 52 lbs! I am so excited, well kind of! I actually have a horrible stomach virus and have not eaten much this week. What I have eaten, is digesting pretty fast, if you know what I mean. I am dehydrated and weak. I have quarantined myself for the weekend.
This weekend, of all the 52 weekends of the year, is one of my favorites. It is the weekend of the Greater Little Rock Council of Garden Clubs Garden Tour. Once a year, garden club members, open their private gardens to public tours. I have enjoyed this tour the past two years.
The first year, I took Veronika. It was a very busy day, garden tour, birthday party, lunch, movie and I went back and saw another couple of gardens. Such beautiful gardens! I have copied so many of the things I saw.
Last year, Kay went with me on Saturday. We enjoyed visiting the gardens, having lunch and mostly enjoying our time together. I coerced Ron into going with me on Sunday. It was hot, but we saw the most fantastic home and garden! It was worth it!
This year, Kay was going with me again, but I have had the stomach bug all week. It was a mild bug early in the week. Then, last night, I was up every hour!
And, it has rained all day. I think I could have enjoyed the gardens in the rain. I know I would have. But no one would have enjoyed sharing this misery. So I am at home, not feeling like dressing so that I can post a 50 lb weight loss picture! That will follow. I did feel like taking pictures of my own garden during a break in the rain. That will be another post.
My challenge will be to keep this unexpected bonus weight loss off after this stomach bug goes away.

No comments: