Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today, August 12, 2010, I turned 55!

I spent the day working, picked up dinner, came home, sat and the couch eating in front of the TV, just like I do most nights. I am not saying this to have a pity party!

I kind of like my boring life. I like my work. I love my house! I love a boring evening at home with my husband, even though he didn't get home from work until after 9!  And besides, tomorrow night, I have a date planned with Veronika, we are going to see "Annie" at Murry's Dinner Playhouse. Saturday night, Ron will be taking me out to eat and to a movie. Sunday night, I get to have dinner with all my kids and grandkids! Life is just GRAND!

I decided a few years ago, rather than risk being disappointed about my birthday, I plan it out myself. And I usually get my own gift from Ron. This year, Ron will be buying me a "macro" lens for my camera. I love to take pictures of flowers, butterflys, and hummingbirds. I don't really know what else I will use it for, but I have so many butterflys around my garden right now, I really want to capture some on camera.

There are so many changes around me right now. A new granddaughter, Baby Fiona! Jackson will start kindergarten! Those things are so exciting. We recently found out that Phoenix has some health issues. This is pretty frightening. We will not know what exactly he has until he sees some more doctors. But we do know he is a really happy baby boy, with great parents, and a bright future ahead of him. He's smart and loving, so we know he will be fine.

Through the exciting and the frightening, I am so comforted to know that God is in control! When we worry and fret about things we cannot control, and we will do that, we are actually wasting our time. God is in control. I have to remind myself of that often!

I used to wonder about getting old. And about dying. Today, Aug 12, 2010, Dan, lost his Dad, Durphy Credeur. Ann texted me and told me she was sorry it happened on my birthday. It's ok, there are always reminders of our loved ones. And you want those reminders to be pleasant, to bring back happy memories. So they can remember his better days, when they think of my birthday.

When I am gone, I want my family to remember good times. To remember how much I loved them. But more imortantly, how much I loved the Lord. I want them to know that I cared about the spiritual relationship that they had with Christ. I feel so blessed that we can worship together! I am blessed to see my grandkids in Sunday School and Chapel. I am allowed to wittness the spiritual growth of my grandkids! Jackson has been asking questions about God. He told us about learning about heaven in Vacation Bible School!  This fall, I will have Violet and Evie in my Sunday School class!
I am a blessed woman!

I am so very thankful to God for my salvation! I know where I am going! And I am loving the journey to get there!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Love this post so much, really beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said...

I have strangers leave comments on my blog, that was the one I deleted.